Community. Appreciation. Respect. Empathy. Service.
We believe in staying connected to our community and giving back in a variety of different ways. Our firm-wide initiative to show that W3 CARES has been a rewarding and humbling experience that we feel has strengthened our company culture just as much as it has benefited our communities. Below are just a few examples of how our offices give back throughout the year.
Christopher T. Garvin Community Service Award
In honor of our late colleague Chris Garvin this award is given annually to a client who embodies the spirit of giving back to the community.
Chris wore his passions on his sleeve and no matter what he did he approached it with vigor and enthusiasm. His passion to be involved with others and to help in any way he could was at the center of his being. Whether it was coaching his daughters or supporting various organizations, he instilled competitiveness and a desire to succeed, but also a willingness to be a part of something within the community. It was this feeling that truly resonated with everyone he touched and what drew us to him as a business partner.
This award will be given annually to a client that has shown this same passion in helping make our community better. With the annual honoree’s guidance, W3 donates $1,000 to a community organization.
- 2020 - The Garrett Wonders Memorial Fund
- 2019 - Inspiring Minds, Warren
- 2018 - YSU Foundation - Boyd Scholarship
- 2017 - Howland Community Scholarship Foundation
- 2016 - Trumbull Family Fitness
Warren Community Service Day
During the summer of 2018, the Warren office team learned about the amazing work being done by Trumbull Mobile Meals and were able to lend a helping hand in a huge mailing for their annual fundraising gala. The afternoon was spent at the Veterans' Outreach Center headquartered in Youngstown. While there, the staff learned about the incredible programs and services being offered to our veterans locally and throughout the country. They worked their hardest to give the office a good scrub, paint some exterior doors and clean up anything needed, inside and out.
Our first stop for our 2019 community service day was the Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership's Tiny Park where we helped out with yard work and cleanup. From there, we headed over to Second Harvest Food Bank in Youngstown where we bagged 1,440 pounds of rice- a new record for the food bank! To finish off the day, we did some more yard work for the Mahoning County Dog Warden.
As we continue to expand our outreach efforts, we are continually humbled and enriched by the many people who are so giving of self and time in our community. From the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate you letting us lend a helping hand!
Every Friday team members in all locations make a donation so they can dress casual. At the end of each quarter, the offices combine their funds and W3 matches all donations. The receiving charities alternate communities.
- Cups Cafe - 2020 1st Quarter
- Chair-ity, Inc. - 2019 4th Quarter
- Hillary's Cherished Gowns - 2019 3rd Quarter
- St. Bernard's Hunger Program - 2019 2nd Quarter
- Happy Trails Farm - 2019 1st Quarter
- Trumbull Mobile Meals - 2018 4th Quarter
- Faithful Servants Care Center - 2018 3rd Quarter
- Danielle Bozek Needs A Kidney! - 2018 2nd Quarter
- Battered Women's Shelter of Summit & Medina - 2018 1st Quarter
- This Means War! Against Cancer - 2017 4th Quarter
- Dance Unlimited by Akron Children's Hospital - 2017 3rd Quarter
- Trumbull County Dog Pound - 2017 2nd Quarter
- Wigs N Things in Fairlawn, Ohio - 2017 1st Quarter